bpa wrote:
> But WebGUI has no player.
>
> The user has to add a separate soft player (squeezelite, softsqueeze,
> squeezeplay, SLX)  to same system as runs LMS. There is also a plugin
> LocalPlayer which include squeezelite enables files to be played
> directly and not streamed).
> WebGUI can control ANY player.
>
> Any UI on a modern non VFD player - can be UI for any other player.

This is what I mean... so many names, and some even changing over time
for the same thing. But what I'm trying to understand is maybe different
still. Yes, technically the RPis (in my case) running Squeezelite are
the hardware players, *but* they are totally controlled (in my case) by
a WebGUI on port 9000 to LMS. This is the user facing player I/F, right?
So, programmatically, what is this I/F called?

P.S. Actually, to use different terminology, wouldn't RPis running
Squeezelite be "renderers"?