GeeJay wrote:
> Is noise an issue with any of these solutions? I also use Mac mini (ten
> heads old now) as my music server, with a Pi as my streaming device.
> It’s. Quiet operation, which is necessary since it’s in the same room as
> my main stereo.
>
> I’m looking to upgrade, since I’m starting to have performance issues
> with the Mini. Would like to transition to something else before it
> gives out or is hopelessly out of date. It’s been a wonderful host for
> my local music and LMS for ten years, but I need to plan for the
> future!
>
> Btw, cost isn’t a big issue for me...most concerned with ease of set up
> and reliability.  I’m in an all-Apple household, fwiw.
>

> Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It could be ;) In my environment the server in itself is silent as it's
a repurposed laptop, but indeed, the enclosures holding the disks make
quite some noise. Luckily I have the possibility to place the whole
shebang in a "utility room", which is far enough from my living quarters
for the fan noise not to be an issue anymore.

Main System: Touch; Marantz SR-5004 + TMA Premium 905 + TMA Premium 901
+ Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2 + BK Monolith+ FF + Lenovo T460 + Kodi + Pioneer
PDP-LX5090H
Workshop: iPad 32GB Wifi + Squeezepad (local playback activated)
Wherever needed: Acer Iconia Tab A700 + Squeezeplayer
Kitchen: iPhone 5s + iPeng (local playback activated) + NAD 312 + Teufel
Ultima 20 Mk 2
Headphone (cozy corner): Lenovo T550 + Squeezelite-X + Cyrus Soundkey +
Topping A30 + Focal Elear
Car: TBC ...