Paul Webster wrote:
> There is a link to a Windows version via
> http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/SlimDevices_/_Logitech_Squeezebox
> It does download but I have not risked running it - make sure you have
> up to date antivirus just in case.
>
> I remember someone else creating a Windows UDAP tool (not using Perl)
> but I have not been able to find the thread here.

Thanks for the response and for looking!

I did try that now (AV said it was safe), however got errors when
running it

Code:
--------------------
    UDAP> d
  info: *** Broadcasting adv_discovery message to MAC address 00:00:00:00:00:00
on 255.255.255.255
  Use of uninitialized value in length at /PerlApp/Net/UDAP/Util.pm line 57,
<FIN> line 1.
  Use of uninitialized value in length at /PerlApp/Net/UDAP/Util.pm line 67,
<FIN> line 1.
  Supplied string has length0(expected length: 6) at /PerlApp/Net/UDAP.pm line
296
/PerlApp/Net/UDAP.pm line 297, <FIN> line 1.
  info:   adv_discovery response received from
  Use of uninitialized value in length at /PerlApp/Net/UDAP/Util.pm line 57,
<FIN> line 1.
  Use of uninitialized value in length at /PerlApp/Net/UDAP/Util.pm line 67,
<FIN> line 1.
  Supplied string has length0(expected length: 6) at /PerlApp/Net/UDAP.pm line
358
  mac not found in msg at /PerlApp/Net/UDAP/Shell.pm line 156
  UDAP>
--------------------

Then I found an old post where I had done this 6 years ago, using
tortoise and some other tools, but no details.

I tried the ubuntu code in a docker container, however I think the
network structure doesn't work, as it didn't find it.

So then I found an old netbook with Lubuntu on it, and that worked.

I had to modify the steps from @cmmh somewhat.

Code:
--------------------
    sudo bash
  git clone https://github.com/robinbowes/net-udap.git
  cd net-udap
  apt install cpanminus
  apt install make
  apt install gcc
  cpanm Log::StdLog
  cpanm Term::Shell
  cpanm Class::Accessor
  cpanm IO::Interface::Simple
  scripts/udap_shell.pl

I am going to have to bookmark this for future!

Thanks again

2 x Booms, 2 x Players, 2 x Touch, 4 x Joggler, LMS 7.7.6-113 running on
Synology D712+