wcndave wrote:
> Thanks for the response and for looking!
>
> I did try that now (AV said it was safe), however got errors when
> running it

Code:
--------------------
  >   > UDAP> d
  > info: *** Broadcasting adv_discovery message to MAC address
00:00:00:00:00:00 on 255.255.255.255
  > Use of uninitialized value in length at /PerlApp/Net/UDAP/Util.pm line 57,
<FIN> line 1.
  > Use of uninitialized value in length at /PerlApp/Net/UDAP/Util.pm line 67,
<FIN> line 1.
  > Supplied string has length0(expected length: 6) at /PerlApp/Net/UDAP.pm
line 296
/PerlApp/Net/UDAP.pm line 297, <FIN> line 1.
--------------------

> Then I found an old post where I had done this 6 years ago, using
> tortoise and some other tools, but no details.
>
> I tried the ubuntu code in a docker container, however I think the
> network structure doesn't work, as it didn't find it.
>
> So then I found an old netbook with Lubuntu on it, and that worked.
>
> I had to modify the steps from @cmmh somewhat.

Code:
--------------------
--------------------

> I am going to have to bookmark this for future!
>
> Thanks again

I'm a bit late to the party but I'm currently making changes to my home
network setup, meaning I have to modify the network configuration in my
trusty old SBR almost a decade after the initial conf. I'm running the
Windows udap_shell_1_0_0.exe and I'm getting the same errors as above. I
tried the discover and list commands and they give me OK responses.
However I'm a bit hesitant to do a conf with these errors, I don't
understand what they mean. Can I just push ahead and do a conf for my
new network setup? Do I need to fix these errors first and if so, how?

Thanks in advance for any info!