Hi, all.  Just used the UDAP tool for the first time in about four
years.  I wanted to post the steps I went thru (probably restating
what's in prior posts, including in wcndave's helpful post from last
year, which sadly I didn't see until after I figured out most of this)
to get everything working successfully.

Did this from a Debian system, but should also work from Ubuntu

# Download the tool

Code:
--------------------
    wget https://github.com/robinbowes/net-udap/archive/refs/heads/master.zip
--------------------

# Extract code and cd into directory

Code:
--------------------
    unzip master.zip
  cd [unzipped directory]
--------------------

# Make sure some necessary dependencies are satisfied

Code:
--------------------
    sudo apt install gcc make cpanminus
  sudo cpanm Log::StdLog
  sudo cpanm Term::Shell
  sudo cpanm Class::Accessor
  sudo cpanm IO::Interface::Simple
--------------------

# Assign the receiver an address in the DHCP server (i.e., your
router).

# Powercycle the receiver,
# then reset it by pressing and holding the front button for 5 seconds.
# Front light should flash red, showing it is in init mode.

# start udap

Code:
--------------------
    scripts/udap_shell.pl --local-address [receiver ip address you assigned]
--------------------

# Have udap find the receiver

Code:
--------------------
    UDAP> discover
  UDAP> list
--------------------

# Choose the receiver

Code:
--------------------
    UDAP> conf 1
  UDAP [1] (squeezebox ...)> list
--------------------

# Set the necessary parameters, e.g.:

Code:
--------------------
    UDAP [1] (squeezebox ...)> set server_address=[Logitech Media Server ip
address]
  UDAP [1] (squeezebox ...)> set squeezecenter_address=[Logitech Media Server
address again]
  UDAP [1] (squeezebox ...)> set interface=1 # [for wired]
  UDAP [1] (squeezebox ...)> set lan_ip_mode=1 # [to use DHCP]
  UDAP [1] (squeezebox ...)> set hostname=[DHCP hostname for the receiver]
--------------------

# Confirm the data has changed.

Code:
--------------------
    UDAP [1] (squeezebox ...)> list
--------------------

# Save the data and reset

Code:
--------------------
    UDAP [1] (squeezebox ...)> save_data
  UDAP [1] (squeezebox ...)> reset
  UDAP [1] (squeezebox ...)> quit
  UDAP> quit

Logitech Media Server should now list the receiver under the hostname
you set.

Best regards.

Tom

P.S. Thanks again to Robin for making this available.  Sending another
donation.