cliveb wrote:
> I don't think the C-3PO plugin is relevant. I run SOX in a
> custom-convert to do room correction EQ and the C-3PO plugin is not
> active in my LMS (which is running in pCP on a RPi3).
>
> You're right that you don't need to replicate the standard convert.conf
> in your custom-convert - it just needs to override the standard stuff
> for the particular file types and players of interest. I'd say your file
> should look something like:

Code:
--------------------

--------------------

> This is assuming your source files are FLAC. If you use some other
> format, you'd need to change the file type, eg. for MP3:

Code:
--------------------

--------------------

> You make a good point about whether SOX will accept 0.003 to represent
> 3ms of delay, and the issue of different sample rates if you instead
> specify samples.
> I guess you'll just have to experiment.
>
> One last comment: when I tried loading a custom-convert using pCP's
> upload facility, it kept complaining that the file was the wrong
> format, so I had to manually set it up with an editor while SSH'd into
> the machine.

Thanks cliveb, I'm progressing !
I managed to create an effective custom-convert file through SSH, and so
could test your code.
But, when using for instance the <delay 0 1> instruction in the line
code, I do indeed have a time delay effect of 1s, but this time delay is
not applied to the right speaker as opposed to the left one, as I would
need it to. Instead, it generates an echo of 1s of the audio stream for
both left and right speakers. So left and right remain aligned. Perhaps
"channel 1" is not pointing to left speaker, and "channel 2" to right
speaker ?

I tried to sort things out with the sox manual, but to say the truth
with my level of knowledge I'm having a bit of a hard time, as I do not
find that instructions such as "multi-threaded", "no-clobber" are very
much explicited...

I'll let it sleep overnight before coming back to it ;-)

And by the way, indeed no use of C-3PO to run Sox.