nils92 wrote:
> Thanks cliveb, I'm progressing !
> I managed to create an effective custom-convert file through SSH, and so
> could test your code.
> But, when using for instance the <delay 0 1> instruction in the line
> code, I do indeed have a time delay effect of 1s, but this time delay is
> not applied to the right speaker as opposed to the left one, as I would
> need it to. Instead, it generates an echo of 1s of the audio stream for
> both left and right speakers. So left and right remain aligned. Perhaps
> "channel 1" is not pointing to left speaker, and "channel 2" to right
> speaker ?
Sorry, but I've never used the delay option with SOX, so I don't have
direct experience with how it might behave. Nor am I keen on fiddling
around with my own custom-convert file to try it out, so I'm afraid
you'll have to conduct your own experiments.

nils92 wrote:
> I tried to sort things out with the sox manual, but to say the truth
> with my level of knowledge I'm having a bit of a hard time, as I do not
> find that instructions such as "multi-threaded", "no-clobber" are very
> much explicited...
multi-threaded just tells SOX to use multiple cores to do its
processing, if the CPU you're using has them, which might speed up
processing a touch. You don't have to include that option.

no-clobber causes SOX to prompt before overwriting an output file, which
is generally a good option to include. But in the context of using it
with LMS, it's pretty much redundant. Can't hurt to include it, though.

Until recently: Transporter -> ATC SCM100A, now sold :-(
House move forced change to: piCorePlayer(RPi2/HiFiBerry DIGI2 Pro) ->
Meridian 218 -> Meridian M6