Man in a van wrote:
> @LABARUM
>
> Brian, don't buy anything until I have a rummage.
>
> I know for sure I have a spare connecter for the Apple dongle and I
> might have a usb-spdif converter somewhere that would let you use the
> Beresford (I have one or two of those stored somewhere :rolleyes:)
>
> I'll drop you a PM in a day or so
>
> ronnie

You are very generous, Ronnie, but don't go wasting a lot of time
rummaging. I too have boxes and boxes of stuff, not (that I can
remember) a USB to USB-C adaptor. 5 pin and 3 pin plugs anyone? I even
have a 4 pin which I once used to get an audio line out from a very old
TV to the HiFi. No SCART in those days.

I think I'll stay away from the Linux Command Line - not brave enough!

Brian

In UK: rPi4 running LMS, Chromecast Audio Dongle and Chromecast Video
Dongle attached to TV - Beresford DAC - Quad 77 Integrated Amp  - AVI
Neutron 4 Speakers - Sennheiser HD25 Headphones. Boom in Bedroom.

In Nicosia: LMS running on a small form factor Windows PC, Beresford DAC
into Quad 405-2 and MB Quart 980s