Pascal Hibon wrote:
> I downloaded it from the internet and then double clicked the img file
> in the downloads folder (in Finder). That opens opens a window with a
> Squeezebox icon.
> When I double click that item, that's where I get the error message.
>
> From my very limited experience with MacOS, I believe that the above
> should install the software but given the fact that I get an error
> message I'm not sure if there is anything installed at that time.

No - that doesn't install it.  You need to drag it to the Applications
folder.  You'll find that some .dmg files include a shortcut to the
applications folder, which makes this slightly easier.  But just open
another finder window, or go to View -> Show Toolbar, which will give
you a side panel with various options.  You should find 'Applications'
in the list of Favourites