On 16/12/05 at 06:28 -0800, davep wrote
http://www.x2systems.com/AlienBBC/installation.html#mac

The installation instructions (which I was involved in writing) give the needed information.

One issue that that the program mplayer and the codec cook.bundle which are needed are third-party items, so SlimDevices and the AlienBBC team have no control over where the developers place them, and this varies from time to time. If the suggested we pages work, that's fine. If not, Google for 'mplayer' and 'OS X' and you'll find them.

One things to watch out for is that there are two flavours of mplayer for OS X. One is the Unix file that you need (it may be in an item with a name like last binaries). The other is a Mac program that essentially provides a GUI to mplayer. If you Show Package Contents on this (I have a vague memory of doing that twice) you can get down to the Unix file. But anyway the codec (which may be part of reallib) is also needed.

--
Daniel Cohen