samlw Wrote:
>  While a fully lossless format (ALAC) that is natively supported by both
> iTunes and Squeezebox would be ideal, I would be happy with high
> bit-rate AAC if it were natively supported in firmware. The Roku
> SoundBridge does this, so it is clearly possible.

The SoundBridge doesn't support Apple Lossless -- nobody does, because
it's part and parcel of Apple's hyper-proprietary world.  And while the
SoundBridge does support AAC, what's the benefit of AAC for you?  If
high-bitrate lossy is acceptable, just use MP3 and get universal
compatibility.

--
mkozlows