Aaron Zinck Wrote:

> (Quoting Fredly)
> > [...] when I currently go into "Browse Playlists" I have several
> > pages (effectively every album I have). I didn't mean to create
> these
> > playlist and just want to clear EVERYTHING and start from scratch.
> >
> > What's the simplest way to clear ALL playlist?
> > --
> > Fredly
>

> In Slimserver you've probably set your playlist and music directories
> to be
> the same directory.  That results in all of your music showing up as
> playlists.  Change your Playlist directory to a different directory
> and
> things should behave as you expect.

I don't think this is quite right. My playlist and music directories
are the same, and this doesn't happen to me.

It sounds to me like Fred's ripper has been set to create playlists for
each album automatically. If Fred has ripped each album into its own
folder (perhaps beneath a folder for the artist as well), then it may
have created a .m3u file in the same place.  Deleting only those .m3u
files at the top level of the music directory won't delete these -
which are probably the ones Fred wants to remove! Indeed, if Fred has
separate artist/album subfolders, then the top-level playlists are more
likely to be specially-created ones he wants to keep! (However, Fred
does say he wants to delete *all* playlists...)

In Unix, it's fairly trivial to run a shell command to remove all .m3u
files in subfolders (e.g. "find -name '*.m3u' -delete" or something
like that; it's a little more work to leave the top-level playlists).
I'm less sure of how to do this in Windows, but you could always use
Find Files to look for *.m3u in all subfolders of your music directory,
and then just select all of them (except perhaps the top-level ones) and
delete 'em.

-- Brian

--
Brian Ritchie