I noticed a few posts from people using the Salton ePods (which runs
WinCE 2.12) with their SqueezeBox devices.  I am hoping to do the same,
and am seeking advice from those who have tried this before me as to how
well it works.

I do not yet own a Squeezebox, but I do own a couple of epods which
I've hacked to add wireless capability; I've installed SlimServer on my
computer, and have used my epods to navigate the SlimServer menus via
the epods web browser.  So I know that much works.

My goal is to have a SqueezeBox and an epods in (at least) two rooms in
my house.  The epods in a given room will be used to control the
SqueezeBox in that room.  My hope is that the users (especially my wife
and kids) will never have to touch the SqueezeBox, instead using the
epods to select the music they wish to play via the SlimServer menus.
My CD collection is fairly extensive (1,200 CDs).

My questions are:
1. Can someone verify that this setup actually works (I don't yet have
the Squeezebox to test)?

2. How is the performance of the epods browser for this application,
when it comes to browsing through large lists of albums and artists?

3. Is there any way to cache the album list on the epods, to improve
browser performance?

4. Any others words of wisdom to offer?

Thanks!

--