On 18/01/06, bossanova808
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey Doc
>
> Good work as always - the minimise to tray is handy (although its the
> only app I have in there that needs only one click to maximise again -
> maybe you want to change that to the classic double click?).  Hmmm -
> Would be great to have one click access to a pause feature (while
> minimised) as an option (for answering the phone!).

Good point, and I like the pause idea.. I was going to put basic controls on
a submenu of the tray menu too, and maybe an option to turn global media
player keystrokes on and off.. I'll see how it goes..

> Now, about cover art - how does this actually work?  I had it working
> fine when I was scanning the files, but now I am scanning the db and it
> has stopped working.  I do not have slimserver scan for artwork as I'm
> running it on a NAS, but I can change that if necessary, however I
> didn't think Moose needed that?  I presumed it went and got the
> thumbnails directly.

Album art.. I presume you mean for the library rather than the now playing
cover, which just (as previously) grabs the image from the url:
http://<server>music/current/thumb.jpg?<player id>

So the library album art...

Firstly it looks at the 'thumbnails' setting in the options dialog.
If this is set to an empty string, it doesnt display thumbnails in the
library window.
If this is set to a valid folder, it looks in the folder for a file named:

If none of these are found, it asks the server for the file:
"http://<sServer>/music/<AlbumArtworkID>/cover.jpg"

This should be the same image as displayed on the artwork view webpages
I think.. This'll be where the server thumbnail settings come in and you'll
probably need to be scanning for artwork, etc..

Anyhow, if it finds an image, and it's bigger than 100x100, it does a
bicubic resize down to 100x100 and saves the thumbnail as:
If it finds an image and it's already 100x100 or less, it saves it as:
(note the lack of extension - this is so it works with pngs and stuff..)

HTH,

--
- Dr Lovegrove
http://www.rusticrhino.com/drlovegrove