On 25/01/06, bossanova808
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ok, after extended use, this one is defintiely much improved in terms
> of performance, although it still occasionally causes some general
> sluggishness (mainly with the library window open) and sometimes the
> 'Now Playing' window gets itself into a flickery loop.

Flickery Loop ? Not seen this for a while.. Is it related to long (>50 item)
playlists ?

> After a re-scan it seems to be in a state of getting ALL album art for
> all files as no artist is selected, think this isn't a great idea.

Yes, when no artist is selected (or if you type something, then delete it
in the search edit-control) it'll display all albums in your
collection. It should
only be requesting the artwork for the currently displayed albums though,
so at most 15 or so albums. Also these first 15 are likely to have been
requested before, so should be cached in the thumbs folder.. Is this not
what you're seeing ? Could be a bug if not..

>  I am also getting regular 'db is locked' messages the first time I try
> and scan, then it goes through fine.  And I still get the odd
> slimserver crash for inexplicable and not consistently repeatable
> reasons when using moose (usually just after a re-scan).

Ah, these sound related to SQLite databases being single user only.
If you copy the db file to another file, then scan that file instead of the
live one, it should work fine. An alternative is to stop slimserver whilst
rescanning. This should all be sorted with MySQL..

> But overall it is working very well - multi selection in the play list
> window will be great, good luck with getting that going properly, I
> remember well when I used to be a programmer that could be tricky.

Good, good.. Yeah, should be sorted soon..

--
- Dr Lovegrove
http://www.rusticrhino.com/drlovegrove