Hello

I'm considering getting my local computer hardware supplier to put
together a standalone, low-cost, 24x7 computer to serve as my music
server, and I was looking for some advice on what is the minimum I
should purchase, a Bill-Of-Materials (BOM) so to speak.

For example, I could configure:
1) The cheapest Celeron mother board available (Is Celeron Ok?). Which
one?
2) The minimum amount of RAM required to run the OS and SlimServer (how
much is adequate?)
3) Would Win XP Home be adequate, or must I use Win XP Pro?
4) A Linksys/Netgear (?) Wireless card
5) A 200GB HDD (?)
6) A CD-ROM Drive
7) A USB port so's I can sync my iPod to the iTunes library
8) The smallest profile cabinet I can get

Etc.

Any contribution to this idea, or a link to a site that has suggestions
on how to go about it would be most welcome.

I'm not familiar with Linux, or I'd imagine that would be the way to
go? Any Linux 101 sites I could look at?

Thanks

Pankaj

--
pankaj