Started in Windows years ago.  Tried and found I really enjoy Linux.  I
live on Linux Xandros in a Win AD domain at work, (do ipTel & VoIP for
a living).   Finding that Mac actually has Linux under its hood, and
that I have always liked their interface, I bought a Mac mini.  I am
extremely pleased.

I see my mini has Apache already installed.  With my Win box I
installed Slim Server, but did not need IIs running.  Does Slim Server
run on top of Apache on my mini?  Do I need to start the Apache server
to use Slim Server in a Mac world?  Not knowing the Mac as well as I do
a Windows box, or my Linux desktop, I am gun shy to install Slim Server
without understanding if it is anything more than download, click &
install...

My Mac mini blows away my home Dell Windows PC, and my Linux box at
home is a laptop.  I'm looking forward to letting my Mac serv as my
Slim Server.  My new Mac has sucked me in whole.  Its hard to use the
other boxes and almost painful to go back to the Windows box.  It's
interesting.  I was explaining to an audiophile friend when asking
about all the PCs at home that I felt Windows is mainstream "mid-fi",
Linux is "DIY high-end", and Macintosh is purely "hi-end" product.  He
said "ohhh" and called me the next day becuase he was out Mac shopping.
:)

Mac users of Slim Server share your thoughts.  Is it ok to just point,
click, install, and enjoy Slim Server on my mini?

Thanks in advance.
JazzFan

--
jazzfan