Thank you for your reply, but I'm not too sure what to do with that link
you sent me?

I knew I should not have sent it :-).

- Save the file as Dateibetrachter.pm in your plugins folder.
- set the $datei value to a text file that contains your text
- enable the plugin in the server settings
- go to the player's plugin menu and choose Fileviewer or enable it as your screensaver in the player settings

I alter the text, then save it as a .pl file in the plugin folder? Also

No, it's a simple file viewer. You'd have to store the text in a file. There might be simpler solutions for what you want to do.

could you give me a little more detail on how and where to alter the
text?

In the file you define in $datei.

I was assuming there had to be an easy way to scroll customizable text.

There is an easy way to display some text for a short period of time:

http://yourserver:9000/status.txt?p0=display&p1=hello

Please see the documentation in the slimserver web interface (Help/Technical/Web Interface)

--

Michael