Over in the Pandora thread, one of the Slim Devicers says:

andyg Wrote:
> It's a SqueezeNetwork-only feature because the interface to Pandora is
> proprietary.  SN allows us to write closed-source plugins that can take
> advantage of things that wouldn't be possible in the open source server.

Which gets me wondering:  If the Squeezebox ever does get the ability
to support DRM, how would it happen?  It can't be through
SqueezeNetwork, obviously, because the DRMed stuff isn't there; and
just as obviously, it can't be through the open source part of
SlimServer.

So would Slim put out closed-source plugins for the DRM-streaming part
of SlimServer?  Put out an entirely closed-source version of Squeezebox
just for DRM purposes (I assume Slim owns all the copyrights on
SlimServer, so can release non-open-source versions if they ever feel
like it)?  Enable the Squeezebox to operate with non-SlimServer servers
like WMC?

--
mkozlows