Slimserver version 6.1.1 runs fine on 10.2.8 (that's Panther, right? I
can't keep track of these cats). But 6.2.1 and 6.2.2 install, start up,
and then immediately stop. According to Sean (see earlier in this
thread) this is due to a bug that's being fixed. I waited a week or so
before trying the installation again, but the latest nighly shows the
same behavior.

I'm reluctant to upgrade the Mac operating system to 10.3 or 10.4
because I'm using an old beige G3 as the server. I could probably
upgrade using xPoatfacto, but I've read enough horror stories to want
to avoid this unless it's crucial. 6.1.1 is streaming beautifully to my
SB3, with a flawless wireless connection, so I may stay where I am. But
I figure 6.2 must be better in some way! Apparently 6.5 will no longer
support OS 10.2.8, so perhaps I'll be forced to upgrade at that point.

--
MartinP