Steve Baumgarten wrote:

This is the dirty little secret of the satellite radio industry: what they're broadcasting sounds like crap.

I was actually shocked at how bad Sirius sounds "over the air"; I expected it to sound better than the crappy WMA stream you hear online, but in fact it sounds pretty close to that. Probably fine for listening in your car (or via a Sirius boombox), but I can't imagine listening to it on my stereo and being happy for long with the sound.
I'm also impressed (not) with the way that the signal disappears when you go under an overpass, into a parking garage, &c. My rental car company has hooked me up with a couple of cars that had satellite radios, and I don't think I'll be buying into this revolutionary technology any time soon :)

--
Jack at Monkeynoodle dot Org: It's a Scientific Venture...
Riding the Emergency Third Rail Power Trip Since 1996