hi -- i'm a little new with slimserver, so please forgive me if
there's an obvious way to do what i need -- just point me in the
right direction.

there are tracks in my collection that i (almost) never want to
hear.  these might be voice-only intro segments on live concert
recordings, or alternate takes that are repetitious, or simply
tracks which i really do not like very much.

is there a way to tell slimserver never to select these tracks
unless told explicitly to play them?  i.e., if i select by genre,
or artist, or even by the album in which they're contained, i do
_not_ want those tracks to be played.  they should play only if i
browse to the track level and select them.

any ideas?  (in a previous home-grown audio system i've used, i
had "<trackname>.skip" flag files which told the s/w not to
include "trackname" in the current playlist.  i'm hoping for
something similar.)

paul