Pale Blue Ego Wrote:
> I agree that a more dynamic ui is needed, and wouldn't be suprised if
> that is being worked on by the slim developers.
>
> goofygrin seems to have good ideas about when is needed and how to go
> about it, so why not take a hack at the slimserver web ui, gg?  Maybe
> if you create something good, the guys at Slim will mail you a few
> SB3s.

I have the time to toss stones, but not to work on someone elses stuff.
=)  I do this for a living because it pays the bills, but coming home
(well I work from home, so "coming home") to work on another,
non-paying, IT project just isn't going to happen.

I'm sure that the slimserver developers listen quite closely to these
forums (Sean wouldn't have it any other way guessing by what I've seen
here)... but if this is the only place where they get their info, then
they'll be getting a limited vision of what they could be...  Most of
the people on these boards are fans, early adopters, and tweakers (come
on, look at the esoteric discussions of ogg vs. wma lossless vs. flac
vs. apple etc.).  This type of user has much different requirements
than Biff and Buffy Moneybags or Jim and Joan Smith at BestBuy.

I'm not sure what Sean's plans for slimdevices are, but lowering the
cost of entry (from a technology standpoint, price point you can sell
to an extent on quality), will allow slimdevices to really get ahead in
the market.  (I'm not saying Roku's technology is better/easier, but
they lowered the other part of the equation -- but at an obvious
quality cost).

--
goofygrin