> I think they'd be smarter to put a small (80Gb) hard disk and a slug in
> it and make it self-contained when taken out of wifi range. Good
> software that allowed you to say "let me take all my beach music to the
> beach" and then downloaded from the Terabyte store we all have ( :-) )
> 80Gb of beach music and you're good to go.

one of the design goals of a boombox is "rugged". It'd have to be a pretty
pricey hard drive /slug /sb / speaker combo to survive a spill out of the
back of the car into the parking lot :) To me the mobility is only
required for moving from room to room or backyard... important thing is
that it's all in one box so you can carry it around.

--
Jack Coates At Monkeynoodle Dot Org: It's A Scientific Venture!
"I spent all me tin with the ladies drinking gin, so across the Western