Still not quite resorted to going pre release, will only do so as a last
resort. I don't think it will help to be honest - I am getting more and
more convinced that this is a problem with the router.

I have just done another test - tried to copy a large (600Mb) folder of
MP3s over the wireless network to my wife's laptop. It worked fine for
about 10 minutes, and then, after copying about 208Mb, it stopped, with
a Windows error message saying "network name no longer available". Once
this had happened, I could no longer access the folders on my desktop
over the wireless network. However, the router had not totally hung
(like the it does with the SB3), it just seems to be Windows Networking
that has gone wrong.

Stranger and stranger.

Does this info give anyone any other ideas of what the problem might
be?

--
mwoodroof