Right, well I don't want to get into the logistics of sync'ing my
portable, cause ultimately the "image" of my portable drive works
extremely well with a sync'ing tool.  But extracting my "randoms" and
putting them into the main slimserver directory seems to be the only
way to get around this problem without loosing ogg capabilities.

On a second note, be aware that if you use "Browse Music Folder",
slimserver will NOT follow the link to the other drive.  I think this
is probably a good thing, but makes folder searching limited.  I use
this method most cause I like how I've organized my music.

--
verbatone