Agreed. It's really eye-opening (and ear-splitting) to turn off the
mower and realize just how loud you've turned up the headphones. You
might possibly be okay with active noise cancelling headphones,
although I'm not sure how well they do in blocking the frequencies
emitted by a lawn mower. Or you could use some in-ear headphones like
Etymotics. But I'm not aware of any headphones on the market that are
both (a) wireless and (b) noise cancelling/blocking.

OTOH, you could do fine with noise blocking headphones like the
Etymotics attached to a portable player. But I'm not suggesting that
the SB3 is a portable device!

--
aubuti