hi Peter-

let me see what I can answer for you...some questions will be easier
than others.

1) I run 6.5 and have never had a problem with the remote--did you
install the latest nightly? I've been holding on updating my slimserver
while they work out the kinks of some changes to the back-end database
support. Not sure why that would affect your IR remote, but consider
(sorry, don't have the link to it, but maybe someone else will supply
that)

2) There is no plugin for viewing album art, but you should check your
server settings for how you have slimserver setup to read album art.
Also, there is an open issue/bug in slimserver where new album art
added after the initial scan will not show up. In order to pull in the
new cover art you have to wipe the DB clean and rescan the whole thing.
A major pain that I hope our slimdevices development team will fix in
short order.

3) This one is easy-- from the browser menu, select View->Show Toolbar,
and unselect Fullscreen. That will do a lot to enhance your browsing
experience, esp. since all of my css is depending on you being in
fullscreen mode with no toolbar.

4) I'm pretty sure after you take care of 3) you won't see 4) as an
issue either. Let me know if that's not the case.

5) Firefox tells me it's a 300x150 PNG image.

cheers,
#!/ben

--
bklaas