Jacob Potter Wrote:

> Probably overheating, then; if it's 54 C at idle, it'll be much, much
> hotter under load. Can you open it up and make sure the fans are
> spinning properly and not full of dust?
>
> - Jacob

Took the side off - fans spinning fine, though a bit dusty. Maybe the
heat transfer compound is making a lousy contact?

Temperature outside has cooled in the last few days, but still took me
2 days to boot it up! (which isn't temp related)

I was beginning to think it was doomed, so copied all my data back from
it and onto my normal PC - I think I'll move SlimServer too, and wave
goodbye. It's not done badly - been running almost continuously since
1.4ghz Athlons were considered state of the art!

--
Khuli

http://www.last.fm/user/khuli