kdf Wrote:
> don't bitch about the availability of NIGHTLY freaking updates and
> fixes.
> -k

Whoa...hold on cowboy. If you read my post, you'll see that I did not
complain about their availability at all...I think it's fantastic that
they're available and that fixes come quickly and that there's a
responsive and transparent development group behind SlimServer.

My point was, and is, that Slimdevices is selling an appliance and it's
not working like one. Like a CD player. Or an amplifier. Or an iPod.
"Official" releases of the server software just have to work better. To
have such serious regressions in functionality with a major release just
isn't OK, and it will lose customers & keep new ones from joining. And
it's a shame, because the product is excellent (I mean
seriously...Pandora integration? Rhapsody integration? How ridiculously
greatis that?).

Your clear disdain & righteous indignation of my wanting this to "just
work" is all well and good, but come on now...there's a very very small
customer base out there who wants to play and futz and tweak and install
nightly builds of these things. I want the Squeeze to succeed...I've
been using mine for years. Better Server quality of official releases
is mandatory for the Squeeze to be a bigger player.

--
realtyler