Yup, I noticed that one, too, but with Linux.

There is a problem with 6.3.0 IMHO.

If you specify a path for the 'audiodir' setting in the server
settings, it is being replaced by the real pathname.

In my setup, I have a symlink from '//music/m' to the real path, say
'/bigdisk/m'. Since '/bigdisk/m' is exported as a Samba share
'\\music\m', I can switch back and forth with my playlists under iTunes
for Windows. The pathnames in my playlist could be
'\\music\m\Abba\Gimme.mp3' and since Slimserver changes every '\' to
'/', it comes out as '//music/m/Abba/Gimme.mp3' under my Linux
Slimserver. This works out just fine.

That is BEFORE 6.3.0. Now, '//music/m' is silently replaced by
'/bigdisk/m' and thus, the first observation was that every title is
doubled in my library (since the old pathnames are still there). You
can see this if you enter the path into the settings and restart
Slimserver afterwards. When you enter the settings page again, the
pathname has been changed.

This is a really BAD THING(tm). Slimserver should not try to be so
smart. However, I have not yet found the place where this symlink
chasing was introduced, else I would have corrected that myself.

--
meyergru