seanadams Wrote:
> That is an interesting comment. If not lower noise, lower distortion,
> higher sample rates etc, what COULD the specs possibly offer that would
> improve sound quality? Are you asserting that there is no room for
> improvement in SB3? If so, I'm flattered, but respectfully disagree.
> :)
Certainly room for measured signal improvement with the aid of
engineering test kit. The noise floor of my room with ceiling fans
going isn't great, I run short cables, distortion levels from the SB3
don't seem to hurt me, and I don't need 96kHz myself (ymmv). Whether
any of these tweaks deliver genuinely significant (my word) audible
improvements for most listeners in most rooms with MP3/AAC/FLAC etc
source material is a debatable subject that I prefer not to engage in
because I've been there so many times before. If customers hear the
difference and need the new cable ports then I'm certainly not going to
argue. The SB3 DAC technology for two channel audio suits me fine, I
absolutely love it. Maybe the best piece of audio equipment I have ever
bought. Sounds as good if not better than my venerable Meridian 508.20
which I've retired to the loft in the 'don't need this anymore' box.
:-)

The Transporter is impressive kit, no doubt, it's not for me though,
that's all I'm saying really. You still need to provide a
non-audiophile version for us mortals though. ;-) Good luck with the
product, I'm still cheering for you guys.

--
GeeZa