Mark Lanctot Wrote:
> Hmm?  I can easily read the display from 15 feet away (and I wear
> glasses) plus it is a multiline display (2 lines).
>
> Also with the new 2-display Transporter, you may be able to stretch
> text over both displays, which would make the text width at least as
> wide as you'd get with a 15" monitor, even a 17" monitor.
>
> Take a helluva lot less real estate and power than a PC too, and even
> quieter than a "low noise" fan.

The two displays are intersected by the knob. You may be able to
stretch it, but then you may not.

As for 15" 17" monitors or whatever, there's this thing called a TV,
Plasma or in my case Bravia in most people's living rooms. And that's
what my Mini is hooked up to.

I wonder how many of you actually have experience of comparing the two.

You know, I sweated for ages trying to silence my PC's. It was rapidly
coming to the situation where I was about to throw in the towel. Then I
got the Mac Mini and I realised I'd been completely wasting my time with
PC's. Mini-ITX solutions I'm told are exceptionally silenceably these
days, and these systems run on 2.5" discs (which don't generally whine
or whirr much). Noise is not an issue with these ultra silent
computers.

--
rhyzome