rhyzome Wrote:
> The output from my Mini + Fireface (800) goes into the dCS Elgar Plus,
> clocked by the Verona. It gives generally as good a result as I've ever
> heard out of a transport (including the Verdi La Scala sitting on the
> top of my stack, which is actually used these days only to play back my
> SACD's. The Verdi is better but not definitively so as a redbook
> transport even considering the various manipulations subjected by the
> dCS hard/software).

Of course no-one outside of SD has heard the transporter yet, but the
expectation is it will be on a par with the very best transports
available. The amount of design and engineering put into (for example)
minimising jitter on the SP/DIF far exceeds that in any commodity
computer audio device. You say yourself that the La Scala is better
than the mini, it's simply my opinion that whilst the mini may well be
-good enough- (and probably would be for me, given the rest of my
system) I'd be amazed if it were -as good- as the Transporter - or even
an SB3 to be honest.

--
radish