Michael Herger;136010 Wrote:
> BTW: I totally disagree with that statement. Just because it isn't
> flashy
> as mediaplayers have to be today it isn't nerdy. In fact (and I'm
> repeating myself): the web interface  was the first thing I ever saw
> from
> SlimDevices (I didn't want to buy a device), and that's what draw my
> attention some years ago. It's simple and nifty. Default is still my
> favorite though eg. Fishbone offers so much more functionality.

I agree.  Call me easily impressed, but when I first saw SlimServer it
seemed like the coolest thing ever.

"You mean this is a webserver running on my own PC that I can see from
other PCs on my network AND I can use it to control a Squeezebox AND it
will play streams to a streaming client?!?"

That first time that I used it to control a media player in another
room seemed like voodoo.

That was a few years ago when I was a little more naive, a little
inexperienced about PCs and especially about LANs, but still.

I guess kids today are jaded.  :-P

--
Mark Lanctot