I had a few similar sorts of problems, basically static and drop-outs,
when I tried to play WMA lossless over a wireless network (also at
about 80% strength). I had a mix of network elements, but the wireless
router was 11g. MP3s didn't have this problem. When i went ahead and
ran the wire, the problems went away. i condluded that it was a
bandwidth problem with lossless files. Turns out maybe I could have
switched to a different lossless file format, from what you say. I have
no idea if in geneal WMA lossless is less efficient than FLAC; of course
it could be something about how they are handled in this implementation.

--
abergdc