Marc Sherman;139900 Wrote:

> I'm perfectly content with editing xml files to configure this if
> there's no webui. Does the current implementation allow tri-state genre
> filtering?
> Sure, you just have to figure out how the SQL should look like. The
RandomPlayList plugin (not same as RandomMix) does this in its
implementation of random mixes. If I remember correct it does it with a
single SQL which also means it will be possible to use a similar SQL in
the Custom Browse menu definition. But I think genre filtered menu
really have some great potential, so I think it would be worth to try
to implement a more user friendly interface for this.
Marc Sherman;139900 Wrote:

> Also, what about random mixes (or linking sql playlists to the filters
> defined here)? It'd be nice not to have to specify the same filters in
> both custom browse and sql playlist.
> At the moment there is no interaction between Custom Browse and
SQLPlayList plugin. The SQL statements also are a little bit different
so I think the definitions needs to be done separately. But I have been
thinking a litte about how they could be integrated. My current idea is
that hold+play on the remote on an item in the menu should show a list
of possible actions. The idea is that this actions could be things
like:
- Start a SQLPlayList with the selected item as parameter
- Execute a SQL statement returning tracks and load all these tracks to
the current playlist
- Browse TrackStat statistics for the selected item
- Create a Music IP mix based on the selected item

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.homeip.net) 'My download page'