repman;144864 Wrote:
> Having upgraded to version 6.5.1 I'm having the same issues reported
> here with duplicate album names.
> I have tried a complete un-install of SlimServer and deleting the
> associated program directories, but still my complimation albums list
> for each and every artist. ie 20 tracks = 20 albums
> In 'Home/Server Settings/Behavior' I have selected 'Group complimation
> albums together' although I'm not so sure what setting to use for the
> following:
> 'Albums that contain songs that are tagged with a band may be listed
> under that band name or with the other artists for that album. The band
> tag is also known as TPE2 and may appear as the "album artist" in some
> software'
> My understanding is that the core artist name would be 'Various' an
> that band is the Album Artist... Slimserver does not exactly make any
> of this clear. Needless to say it all worked fine in 6.3.1
>
> I use Tag&Rename for file management and my file format is entirely
> flac, my directory structure is \artist\album\track.
Are all songs from one compilation album in the same directory. They
need to be in order to be recognized as belonging to the same album.
If they are in different directories it isn't possible for slimserver
to tell if they belong to a compilation album or if they are just
different albums with the same name.

Regarding the TPE2 tag have a look at this thread:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=28261

-s.

--
slimpy