I am also still getting the "Scanner.exe has encountered a problem and
needs to close" message when scanning the music database from within
the Slimserve software.

After trying various different versions of Slimserver (incl 6.5.0 and
6.3.1!!!!) and getting the same problem with each version, I thought
perhaps it might be a problem with Windows XP.  So I reformated my hard
drive and did a clean install of Windows XP and then re-installed all my
software applications including Slimserver version 6.5.0.

But the error on scanner.exe is back again!!  I have also noticed that
when I turn on my PC, Slimserver automatically starts scanning the
music database. Is there a setting to stop it doing this?

I have discovered if I go to a DOS prompt, and change directories to
c:\program files\slimserver\server and then key in the command:
scanner.exe --wipe --d_import --d_server --d_scan

This then rescans my database and I DO NOT get scanner.exe error
message!!!  What is the difference between the above command, and the
scanner command within the software?

--
norderney