i've been watching and following slim since the first days. i currently
have 4 squeezebox3 units and have resold my older units to friends and
family. i have too say that this announcement brings a bit of sadness
to my life. although i know there are examples of
megacorp-buys-little-guy-hero-and-little-guy-conquerors but those are
very few and very far between. i do not feel i've been sold down the
river by sean et al. they hopefully have enough financial security for
the rest of their life and that opportunity is increasingly rare these
days.

that being said...

i hope that if logitech decides to 'consumerize' slim products that
they continue to support the current development model and product
niche. for the people writing add-ons and working on the base i hope
they see some sort of program to make it worth their time to continue.
bottom line is that the slim products NEVER would have born inside a
company the size of logitech so please take care when you decide to
'improve' the product and process.

--
jackaninny