Ross L;166866 Wrote:
> FWIW we don't put our software on CDs because we'd have to update the
> CDs constantly. Did you know our engineers do nightly builds?

Yes I'm aware of the nightly builds, I had to use the 6.5.1 build to
get my slim server to work properly.  Many compaines put out a base
software disk for there product and during install have the customer
get the lastest drivers online. My thought was to have a proven basic
model that worked on 97% of all PC's that would give the consumer an
solid starting point.  From what I read and the experience of what I've
have been through over the last week dealing with the slim server &
softsqueeze program leaves a bad taste with many and causes undue worry
about the performance of the actual product.

--
Recoveryone

Pioneer Elite Fall in!
SqueezeBox 3
Pioneer Elite VSX-81TX
Pioneer Elite DV-45A
Pioneer Elite M53 CD
Pioneer M66R Cassette

Server running on
P4 2.8 gigHz
2 gig DDR Dual Channel ram
Xp Home edtion Sp2
2x 80 gigHD(music/SS on same drive)
Linksys 54g wireless router
PCI Linksys 54g adapter card w/HG antana