I was about to buy a Transporter, too, until I saw that it didn't
natively support wma lossless (in the forum). I think that the
SlimDevices help files are very unclear on this issue. Not all
slimserver builds can transcode wma lossless (I am thinking of the
Infrant NAS running Linux). When I read the Transporter specs, it was
written that it 'natively' supported wma lossless... but this is not
true.
I understand that Microsoft charges a hardware licensing fee for
hardware support - but how much are they talking about? The Transporter
is already $2K. This is a high-end device and, I feel, should include
native wma lossless support.

--
slimditty