NauticusLX;170379 Wrote:
> Seriously, I don’t need to be receiving messages from friggin robot
> servers in the middle of the friggin night!)    If the only way to
> avoid this is by pulling the plug every night, then so be it.  I can
> just put a switch on the cord to turn it off.  I consider this to be an
> undocumented bug, or just plain bad design.  Now, would it be a bad idea
> to unplug it every night or put an on/off switch on the cord?

If you don't want messages from the server, then you shouldn't stay
connected to it. At this point you have two options. One: unplug the
cord or put it on a switch, as you've already deduced. BTW, you said
you power everything off at night, but obviously you must have left
your router and modem on. So you could turn those off instead. Option
two: switch it to your local server before hitting the "off" button.
Because you turn your local server off, this will blank the screen and
it will stay blank until you either power up your slimserver or hit the
"on" button on the SB remote.

For the longer term, file an enhancement request to permit a true "off"
for the SB. This is especially useful because there are some of us who
would like the SB to switch over to SN automatically when the local
server is off. Presumably this would be configurable if ever
implemented, but it's useful to weigh in now on why such
configurability is important.

--
aubuti