Mark Lanctot;183284 Wrote:

> Looks like a pretty esoteric black hat crack to me.  Although I don't
> fully understand the tool, it looks like made-up SSIDs and long,
> complex passphrases will still help.

It's really a matter of timeshifting.  Note that only advantage between
the first test (straight dictionary attack) and the second (precomputed
dictionary attack) is that the data set can be recycled for a given
SSID.

If you change your SSID to not be stock, then the dictionary will need
to be recomputed.

If you change your passphrase to not be one of the ones in the
dictionary, it will still not succeed.

Which brings it back down to "don't choose lame-ass passwords", which
is already known.  This attack only makes using lame-ass passwords with
stock SSID's weaker.

--
snarlydwarf