I'm using Slimserver 6.5.1 - 11206 on Windows XP. I currently keep two
versions of music file on my computer.
Lossless compressed files are in: C:\My Music\flac\artist\album\
Compressed files are in c:\my music\compressed\artist\album
Slimserver music folder is set to c:\my music\flac

Upgrading to 6.5.1 caused me to lose the ability to transcode. In
troubleshooting that problem, I wanted to play some mp3 files so I
created a windows shortcut to c:\my music\compressed\3 doors down\the
better life in c:\my music\flac. I then did a rescan which added the
files in the shortcut to my library. Now that I have resolved the
transcode issue, I would like for the files in c:\my music\compressed\3
doors down\the better life to not show up in my slimserver library. I
have deleted the shortcut, but subsequent re-scans still add the files
in c:\my music\compressed\3 doors down\the better life back to my
library. I have tried the following:
-Clear library and rescan everything scans
-Uninstall Slimserver, delete c:\program files\slimserver, reinstall
-Delete playlists and rescan
-Stop Slimserver, delete c:\program files\slimserver\server\cache,
restart slimserver
-Make sure that slimserver is set to Do Not use iTunes

Nothing gets rid of these files. Any suggestions to fix this would be
appreciated.

Thanks!
George

--