I rarely restart the desktop I run Slimserver on, but I happened to last
night.  SlimServer 6.5.1 crashed as the computer was rebooting - I got a
message that said "We're sorry - an error has occured and  Slimserver
must close" or something to that effect.

I tried rebooting my machine multiple times, and it kept crashing.  So
I uninstalled Slimserver, deleted the Slimserver file, and downloaded
and installed a fresh copy of Slim Server.   Same problem!!  :(

I tried setting Slim Server to NOT automatically start with Windows,
and starting it manually.   It tries to start - but never fully loads.
The browser window that usually opens returns an odd message -

"You have chosen to open                     which is an
application/octet stream from http://localhost 9000/   What should
Firefox do with this file?  Open with BROWSE or SAVE TO DISK?"

The blank above is intentional - no program name is displayed. I'm
running Windows XP media edition.   I've never had a problem or glitch
with the software until now.  Any help to fix this would be greatly
appreciated.

--
Cleve