I've downloaded the latest .deb file and am having no luck getting it to
install.

dpkg -i slimserver_6.5.2_all.deb
(Reading database ... 18205 files and directories currently
installed.)
Unpacking slimserver (from slimserver_6.5.2_all.deb) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of slimserver:
slimserver depends on libmp4-info-perl; however:
Package libmp4-info-perl is not installed.
slimserver depends on libyaml-perl (>= 0.57-1); however:
Package libyaml-perl is not installed.
slimserver depends on libsql-abstract-limit-perl; however:
Package libsql-abstract-limit-perl is not installed.
.
.
.
I also get errors running apt-get update

Failed to fetch
http://debian.slimdevices.com/dists/unstable/main/binary-powerpc/Packages.gz
404 Not Found
Reading Package Lists... Done
W: Couldn't stat source package list http://debian.slimdevices.com
unstable/main Packages
(/var/lib/apt/lists/debian.slimdevices.com_dists_unstable_main_binary-powerpc_Packages)
- stat (2 No such file or directory)
W: Couldn't stat source package list http://debian.slimdevices.com
unstable/main Packages
(/var/lib/apt/lists/debian.slimdevices.com_dists_unstable_main_binary-powerpc_Packages)
- stat (2 No such file or directory)
E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old
ones used instead.

So it appears there's no powerpc branch for unstable/main at
debian.slimdevices.com.  Am I then restricted to running 6.3 ? Are
there any other workarounds ? Perhaps other mirrors then
mirrors.kernel.org that are better for powerpc (FreeLink) ?

Thanks,

Ben

--
ben2e