cherryplinth;192817 Wrote:
> ... the envitable conflict of a mass consumer company trying to take
> over a high-end niche company is the same. Invariably, the mass
> consumer marketing company ends up saying it has better production
> methods and  knows the customer better, with the effect of killing the
> culture that created the acquired business in the first place.

Yes this is the stuff Dilbert comics are made of. I thought you might
enjoy this fake Logitech mission statement:

`The New Ventures Mission is to scout profitable growth  opportunities
in relationships, both internally and externally, in emerging, mission
inclusive markets, and explore new paradigms and then filter and
communicate and evangelize the findings.'

from: _http://www.mit.edu/~jcb/humor/scott-adams-mgmt-consultant_

--
Skunk