JJZolx;197521 Wrote:
> Cool toy, but I must be missing something.  If firefox is open, then
> you're (at most) one click from the full web interface, where you can
> not only perform the two or three tasks offered by this addon, but many
> more.Lets say I am surfing some other web page, for example this forum, the
only thing I need is:
1. See what track is playing, I can basically just glance over the
computer screen and look at the SqueezeBox to do this, but it would be
nice to see it somewhere directly on the computer screen without
needing to move the mouse.

2. See the rating and maybe more information such as album art of the
track that is playing. If I click on the on the player icon in the
Firefox extension a new webpage will be opened and my reading on the
original web site I was looking at is interrupted and the original page
is moved in the background.

3. Change the rating of the currently playing song. This either
requires me to open the slimserver web interface and click a few times
to get into the TrackStat page, or reach for the remote control and
rate the track. If I could do this without changing page in the web
browser it would be great.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.homeip.net) 'My download page'
(http://erland.homeip.net/download)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library and RandomPlayList plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.homeip.net/index.php/Category:SlimServer))