I am assuming your SB actually works. I've never seen this with my own
eyes, but I've heard from others that it is possible. The SB3 I ordered
(and returned) was not responsive and very frustrating to use. Now if
your SB3 seriously really works without failure, and you feel confident
about its performance, sit her down and show her how it all works. It's
not that hard. This is a question of your ability to communicate. Now,
if your unit is anything like the one I had, I would keep friends and
family away from it.

On another note you may want to keep your CD's and CD player around and
ready to use (even if your files are lossless). It just works. Let your
wife have the best, not the most frustrating.

Cheers,
Disgruntled EX-SB3 Owner

--
slimdemage